Mestelle Yantia is a turnkey supplier of bulk materials handling machines. Mestelle designs its machines in Sydney, Australia and manufactures the machines in Yantai, China. Mestelle operates in Australia and South East Asia.
Qfactor was engaged to lead the delivery of the company’s strategic business case, including but not limited to the:
- Development of the Engineering Design Team
- Development of the Project Management Process
- Development of the Execution plan
- Development of a 21,000sqm property in Yantai China
- Fully equipped mechanical workshop
- Fully equipped structural workshop
- 14,000sqm hard stand area for erection
- 9,000sqm office space
- IT infrastructure to integrate the Sydney design team to the workshop environment
- International Quality recognition
- ISO 9001 accreditation
- ISO14001 accreditation
- OHS18001 accreditation
Qfactor developed concept designs and lead the project as the Client Side Program Director.
Collaborating with the University of Yantai, China Institute of Complex Materials Research and the China Australian Mining Development Alliance, the project team developed a best practice approach to the methodologies and techniques for production work flows.
Leading the Construction of the multi faceted facility and implementation of the best practice manufacturing systems Qfactor delivered this project from Concept to Completion, from “First Sod to First Pod”.
The Project was completed on time, on budget and to an international first class standard.
The facility was opened by a distinguished party including the Mines and Materials Minister of China, Premier of Shandong, Mayor of Yantai, CEO of General Motors China and NSW MLC of Newcastle Australia.